31 / 05 / 2018
Post Show Report Russian Week of High Technologies 2018
Russian Week of High Technologies is a high-standing event in the field of IT, telecommunications and navigation that unites international trade shows and major supporting events having the common concept that is Digital Transformation.
The Week was held in cooperation with the Russian State Duma and supported by the Russian Ministry of Telecom and Mass Communications, the Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade, Rossvyaz – the Federal Agency of Communications, RAEC – the Russian Association for Electronic Communications, GLONASS Union. The Week ran under the auspices of the Russian Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Dates: 24-27 April 2018
Venue: Expocentre Fairgrounds
Participating companies: 390
Russian companies: 205
Total area: 34,000 sq m
"The efforts to support the IT sphere are reflected in the Digital Economy of the Russian Federation program drawn up by the Russian Ministry of Telecom and Mass Communications in cooperation with other departments, development institutes and industry experts. The Russian Week of High Technologies presents the results of the program implementation as well as new products and telecom achievements which arouse continuing interest among both professionals and common users."
Nikolay Nikiforov, Minister of Telecom and Mass Communications of the Russian Federation
The Russian Week of High Technologies featured
- the 30th edition of the Sviaz International Exhibition for Information and Communications Technology
- the 10th edition of the Navitech International Exhibition for Navigation Systems, Technologies and Services
- the Forum on Russian Software: Effective Solutions
- the 4th edition of the Big Media Communications Forum
- the 12th edition of the International Navigation Forum
The 30th anniversary edition of the International Exhibition for Information and Communications Technology
Once again Sviaz has proven its status of the largest event in Russia, the CIS, and Eastern Europe of the global achievements in digital development, telecommunications, information processing, and computer technologies.
A special stamp and the envelope with the Sviaz logo were issued on the occasion of the 30th anniversary edition of the Sviaz International Exhibition. The official cancellation of the stamp took place just after the opening ceremony of the Week.
Organized by Expocentre AO
Exhibition area: 25,000+ sq m
Exhibitors: 332 companies
Country pavilions: Azerbaijan, China
Products on display: technologies and equipment for mobile, satellite, radio and fiber optic communications, TV and radio broadcasting, data networks, software, cloud technologies, big data, information security, AI, virtual and augmented reality New: solutions for IoT, smart devices and data centers
Foreign companies: Eutelsat, Janitza Electronics, Lande, Riello, 3CX, Fimotec, Procom, Saft, Satel, ST Electronics Singapore, Telrad Group, Teltonica, etc.
Russian companies (156): Gazprom Space Systems, Almaz-Antey, Intersputnik International Organization of Space Communications, Ruselectronics, Incab, Supertel, IRE-Polus, Russian Satellite Communications Company, Micran Research & Production Company, Moskabel-Fujikura, Corning CIS, Nateks, Morion, Pulsar-Telecom, Saranskkabel-Optica, T8, Telta Perm Telephone Plant, etc.
"Sviaz and the Russian Week of High Technologies allow bringing together all representatives of the industry from across our huge country, inviting foreign guests, and providing insight into the trends by which the information and telecom industry operates. It's a really big industry platform that brings together manufacturers and customers and the place where common people come to get acquainted with state-of-the-art technology solutions, exchange ideas, and learn something new."
Oleg Dukhovnitsky, Head of Federal Communications Agency (Rossvyaz)
"Sviaz is the heritage of the whole country. The trade show has given a lot of breakthrough ideas, new technologies and products not only in the telecom industry but also in related industries which influence the life in Russia today and in the future."
Vladimir Kononov, Chairman of the Organizing Committee of the Russian Week of High Technologies, Deputy of the Russian State Duma, First Deputy Chairman of the Russian State Duma Committee on Science and High Technology
The 10th edition of the International Exhibition for Navigation Systems, Technologies and Services
Navitech once again brought together top Russian and foreign developers and manufacturers of navigation equipment, services and software including mapping applications and showed the most relevant global trends, and helped to understand development trends in the national information resources.
Organized by Expocentre AO
Exhibitors: 53 companies
Countries: 6 (Belarus, China, Israel, Lithuania, Russia, the USA)
Foreign companies: Gurtam, Baltic Car Equipment, Iridium Communications, Teltonika JSC, SPETROTEC Advanced Telematics & Security Systems, Queclink Wireless Solutions Co., Ltd, Howen Technologies Co., Ltd, etc.
Russian companies: GLONASS Union, Vega-Absolute, Gonets Satellite System, Galileosky, Magenta Technology, ServiceSoft, Starline, Fort-Telecom, Arusnavi Electronics, ACE, BI.ZONE, Atol Drive, Global Position, Quarta Technologies, Navtelecom, Internet of Things Laboratory, etc.
"In 2018 we celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Navitech international exhibition in the field of navigation. We have made a long way together with the International Navigation Forum. We have become a world-class constructive platform and made a global step forward toward the development of navigation not only in Russia and the Eurasian Economic Union but also worldwide. We managed to implement quite new and quality projects which took the rightful place in people's lives and improved the level of security and comfort."
Alexander Gurko, President of GLONASS Union
- The Skolkovo Foundation presented new projects of its residents Kariot, Marvelmind, etc. The showcase featured innovative solutions for drivers, fleet of vehicles and car sharing; non-standard solutions for precise positioning of mobile units plus many others.
- For the first time RVC (Russian government's fund of funds and the development institute of the Russian Federation) in partnership with Autonet NTI presented promising NTI projects, among them robotic system for warehouse logistics RoboCV, micto transport solving the last mile problem Samocat Sharing, automated parking system Parkomatica, agricultural unmanned machinery Agrorobosevis, connected car from Smart Driving Labs, electric car and electric filling station from Electro City.
- Intelligent transport systems is one of priority markets of the navigation industry development including the National Technology Initiative (NTI). Navitech showed the latest Russian developments and the NTI projects in this field.
- Gurtam created an ecosystem uniting 17 partners of the telematics market and presented interesting and innovative projects of developers of Wialon-powered solutions and equipment manufacturers.
To see the full event program, click here.
The 24th International Exhibition for Transportation Technologies, Logistics Solutions, Services and Storage Systems
Organized by Expocentre AO
Countries: 3 (Israel, Russia, Uzbekistan)
Participating companies: Alta Soft (new integrated solutions for customs applicants and foreign trade participants: software, electronic workflow with customs, production of electronic signatures, training of applicants), Rasner Logistic Software (a leading IT company from Israel in the field of logistics and warehouse management), Erachain (IT solutions in WMS and TMS), Uzbekistan Airlines engaged in air carriage, and Panorama Publishing House.
Customs and logistics portal http://www.alta.ru/ held round table on Changes to Customs Clearance: New Code, New Federal Law.
Key events of the Russian Week of High Technologies
The Big Media Communications Forum organized by Expocentre AO and RAEC – the Russian Association for Electronic Communications. The participants are representatives of the communications industry, telecom, high technologies, Internet industry and allied industries. The main topics were telecom, Internet, media, communications, business, marketing, technologies, digital economy, promotion of telecom services, block chain technologies, etc. The Forum featured the following sections: Education and Personnel, Website Development as a Communication Channel, Information Infrastructure in Digital Economy, Mobile Development, and Changes to the Legal Framework as a Driver to Develop Information Infrastructure. The event included the 4th annual youth forum on Ethnical, Cultural and Civilizational Aspects of Work in the Internet and the conference on PR and content management in Retail APREL 2018.
The Forum on Russian Software: Effective Solutions devoted to the promotion of Russian software as one of development trends of the digital economy in Russia up to 2024. It was organized by the Competence Center of Import Substitution in the ICT Sector and the Russian Association of Software Developers, supported by the State Duma Committee on Education and Science, Expocentre AO and the Russian Ministry of Telecom and Mass Communications.
The Rossvyaz Enlarged Meeting on results of 2017. The meeting was chaired by Head of Federal Communications Agency (Rossvyaz) Oleg Dukhovnitsky. Minister of Telecom and Mass Communications Nikolay Nikiforov took part in the meeting and emphasized the key role of the Digital Economy program. The second part of the meeting featured the round table onEffective Property Management.
- The 12th edition of the International Navigation Forum organized by the GLONASS/GNSS Forum Association was a key event in commercial use of satellite navigation technologies and, first of all, the GLONASS Russian navigation system. The participants were 1,200 delegates from 400 companies, representatives of transport telematics and satellite navigation from across the world. They discussed the latest technological trends, innovative developments, ways to improve research competences and expert status of leading companies of the navigation market as well as Autonet 2.0, digital transformation of the industry, development of smart cities and intelligent transport systems, connected mobility, digital platforms and Big Data, ERA-GLONASS, navigation, navigation solutions for IoT, use of drones and unmanned systems, insurance telematics, geoinformation systems, geodesy and mapping, high accuracy positioning, protected mobility, cybersecurity and blockchain, and many other issues.
- The 6th International Conference on Digital and Navigation Technologies for Smart Insurance brought together insurers and developers of telematics platforms. The Navigation Forum participants engaged in digital developments, solutions in monitoring, navigation and telematics attended the conference and showcased their achievements.
- The 2nd TeleMultiMedia Forum: the Present and Future of Media Consumption in Russia and the World
- The 22nd International Forum of the International Telecommunication Academy
- The Workshop on Fiber Optics as the Basis of Modern Telecommunications and Digital Transformation of Russia. Russian Solutions and the Best International Practices
- Conference on IoT: Digital Future devoted to solutions for the Internet of Things
- Conference on Data Center: Market of DC and Cloud Computing in Russia
To see the full event program, click here.
"The use of navigation technologies today is critical to provide transport safety and enhance performance of the transport system. We can see evolutionary changes of many modes of transport connected, first of all, with development of unmanned vehicles. There is a milestone in transport modernization ahead of us that can be compared only to mass motorization and development of passenger aviation."
Maksim Sokolov, Minister of Transport of the Russian Federation
"Development of Russian navigation technologies and creation of their steady market is inextricably connected with the national policy in the field of improvement of the GLONASS system and development of localized solutions and adaptation of regulation to ever changing requirements and conditions. In this regard it is difficult to overestimate the contribution of the annual International Navigation Forum and the Navitech International Exhibition as leading industry events.
"The Forum and the exhibition participants have a unique opportunity to obtain the most relevant information about the development of different sectors of economy and industry where navigation is one of advanced technologies for introduction..."
Vladimir Klimov, Executive Director of GLONASS/GNSS Forum Association
To see more feedback from participants and visitors to the Russian Week of High Technologies please click here.
The next 31st edition of the Sviaz International Exhibition and the 11th edition of the Navitech International Exhibition will run on 23-26 April 2019 at Expocentre Fairgrounds, Moscow, Russia.
Press Service, Expocentre AO